5 Ways to Improve your Company’s LinkedIn Page Today
Updated: Feb 2
Unlike other social media platforms, LinkedIn is primarily used by business professionals, which makes it a valuable tool in your company’s social media strategy. It was founded in 2003 with the mission, “to connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful.” We all want our business to be more productive and successful, so it’s important to fully utilize this unique connection tool.
Here are five ways to improve your company’s LinkedIn page today.
1. Solve a problem. If you want to stand out as an expert in your industry, provide meaningful content that solves a problem for your audience. This content should be a combination of original posts and useful information from other sources. Be creative, but keep your overall branding and marketing strategy in mind. As always, keep your focus on your audience and keep their interests and needs in mind before posting. Not only will this help you establish credibility, but it will also help you better engage with your audience.
2. Use video and photos to share company culture. Like other social media channels, your LinkedIn page should reveal your company’s culture and establish your brand. Also like other social media platforms, videos are priceless. Use the “Life” tab to post a video that tells your story or shows a peek inside your company’s culture. Also make sure to include photos that give visitors to your page an accurate view of your company.
3. Increase engagement. Engagement is the name of the social media game, so it’s important to focus on increasing engagement with your LinkedIn audience. Any improvements you make to your company’s page will ultimately increase engagement, but there are also some other steps you can take to work on this important part of your marketing strategy. Try these suggestions:
Ask thoughtful questions to encourage comments.
Engage in comments on your page.
Comment on posts on other pages.
Join a group.
Start your own group.
4. Find your best content ratio. LinkedIn’s Marketing Solutions Blog suggests that company pages follow the 4-1-1 rule when sharing content. The 4-1-1 rule says that for every piece of personal (or company) content posted, there should be four pieces of content from other sources. The 80/20 rule is also a popular content ratio guideline. It states that 80 percent of content should be useful and educational information, while 20 percent should be self-promotion. Some studies have suggested that a 50/50 ratio is more successful. So, what is your best content ratio? That will depend on your industry and audience. Experiment with different types of content to find the best ratio for your business. Always remember that your focus is on your audience, so try to adapt your content to their needs.
5. Plan updates strategically. Finally, make the most of updates by planning strategically and incorporating the tips above. Be creative, but intentional with content; use photos and videos; engage with visitors; utilize a content calendar and plan ahead. Also, try to keep text short, sweet, and to-the-point; use updates to engage with a particular audience; and update regularly.
For some great examples of companies that are making the most of their LinkedIn pages, check out LinkedIn’s Best of Pages 2019 winners.
Have you tried any of these tips? If so, let us know the results. If you would like to discuss more social media strategy, we are here to help.