Earlier this month, Instagram released Reels, a new tool to create, discover, and share 15-second videos. The feature is a play off the popular competitor, Tik Tok, with music and effects that provide a new way to share content on your Instagram page without ever leaving the app. Reels can be found at the bottom of the Instagram camera. A variety of tools are available to create the reel: you can use songs from the Instagram music library or create original audio, select from multiple AR effects, use a timer or countdown for hands-free recording, use the align tool to create transition between different moments, and adjust the speed on different parts of your video.
If you are already using Instagram to market your business, you can easily add Reels to your marketing strategy. Here are a few tips to try this new feature.
1. Repurpose content. You don’t need to create brand new content to take advantage of Instagram Reels. Look at the existing content on your website, blog, and social media channels and see how you can repurpose it in a new and fun way. Remember, this is a fun way to engage with your audience and showcase your products and services, so you don’t want to make it too complicated. Use what you already have!
2. Share your story. Reels can be a fun way to share the story of your brand with your audience. You can create dynamic content that gives a background of who you are, what you do, and how you can help them. This is a great way to develop a connection with your audience which may lead to more traffic and conversions.
3. Go behind-the-scenes. There is no better way to give your audience an authentic look at your brand than to go behind the scenes. Share a day in the life at your company. Whether you are developing a product, writing content, preparing for a big event, or serving customers, tailor your content to your business. Not only can this help create excitement, but it will help you build relationships and introduce your business to a wider audience.
4. Educate your audience. Here is a chance for you to show your expertise in a fun, engaging way. Use Reels to education your audience about your products, services, or industry. Again, you can reuse content you already have, but present it in a new way to teach about your business and the problems you can solve for your customers.
5. Share reviews. Whether you are providing products or services, you can use Reels to share reviews. Attract new customers by showing your audience how others have benefited from your business offerings. The music, effects, and other Reels features will make the reviews more interesting and entertaining.
If you have tried Reels, we would like to hear about it. If you have questions or feel overwhelmed with Instagram or other social media channels, call The Social Bullpen. We can create a custom social media strategy to help you meet your marketing goals.