9 Tips to Increase Your Instagram Engagement
Updated: Nov 30, 2020
If you have been using Instagram to promote your business, you probably know it provides a great opportunity to engage with your customers in a creative, visual way. As Instagram continues to grow in popularity, more and more businesses are taking advantage of the marketing potential of the platform. While creating your account can be easy, you want to make sure you grow successfully. That can take some work. Here are some tips that will help you grow your account and increase your engagement.
1. Make sure your look is consistent with your brand. Use colors, fonts, and styles that match your aesthetic. Once you decide how you want your page to look, stay consistent. Choose a few filters and stick with those. Keep things recognizable so your Instagram page matches the overall feel of your other social channels.
2. Choose content carefully. Just like your overall look, you want your content to match your brand and the mission, values, and purpose of your company. Make sure you publish photos and captions that tell your company’s story and support your overall marketing goals.
3. Interact with followers. Use your captions to bring followers into your story. Ask interactive questions and respond to comments. Use this opportunity to regularly connect with people who respond to your page.
4. Present content in different ways. Once you determine the best content to post on your page, present it in different ways. Go live with stories, use Reels, highlight important content, and use carousels. According to Search Engine Journal, carousels have the highest engagement rate of all Instagram posts. Mixing videos and photos increases engagement even more. So, get creative with multiple ways of sharing content on your page. (Don't forget to utilize Reels - check out our post on Instagram Reels here!)
5. Follow your competition. Look at your competition and see what they are doing. How is their engagement? There’s a good chance you may share some of the same potential customers, so take note of the ways your competition is successful-and pay attention to what you don’t want to do.
6. Use the right hashtags. Don’t underestimate the importance of hashtags. Research appropriate hashtags for your posts to make sure you are targeting your audience, reaching new audiences, and expanding your brand. It’s a good idea to use your branded hashtags while also experimenting with additional hashtags that can expand your company’s reach.
7. Add stickers and other elements. Get creative and have fun by adding your own branded stickers and other visual elements. This is a different way to make your posts stand out and continue to interact with your audience.
8. Make a plan. You always need a plan. While it may seem like Instagram posts are random, they are usually well thought-out. Develop a content plan and schedule posts in advance. Choose your visuals, captions, and hashtags ahead of time. This will help you remain cohesive and intentional with what you post and give you more time to catch typos or mistakes. Fortunately, there are many scheduling tools to simplify this process. The extra planning time will help you in the long run.
9. Don’t forget to engage with other accounts. Don’t limit your interactions to your own followers or customers. Follow other businesses in your industry or community. This is a great way to network and support each other and may even lead to collaborations or further opportunities down the road.
Whether you are just getting started or already have a great following, these tips should help you interact and grow your brand. If you need help with Instagram or other social media channels, call The Social Bullpen. We can create a custom plan to help you achieve your marketing goals.
If you are looking for more help to get more Instagram, click HERE to get in contact with us!