Market Your Business with Instagram Guides
Updated: Dec 16, 2020
If you aren’t already using Instagram to market your business, here is another reason you should. Instagram recently released Guides as a new way to feature content.
Guides can be found in a tab on profiles, near Posts and Reels. Each Guide is a scrollable feed filled with posts that contain products, services, recommendations, step-by-step instructions and helpful tips and advice. Tapping on a photo or video in the Guide will take users to the original post.
Whether you have a product-based or a service-based business, Guides can help expand your reach on Instagram by providing the opportunity to display relevant content, expand e-commerce, or showcase areas of expertise. Guides can also help your information show up in more Instagram search results, which can connect you with potential customers.
How To Make a Guide
In just a few steps, you can create your own Guide.
1. Go to your profile tab and click the (+) on the top right. Scroll down and click “Guide.”
2. Choose the type of Guide you want to create.
Places: Recommend places in your city and beyond
Products: Feature your favorite products
Posts: Highlight posts you created or saved.
3. Add posts to the Guide. Add a title and caption to give your followers an idea of what each post is about.
Use Guides to Market Your Business
Once you know how to make Guides, it’s time to start adding this feature to your Instagram page. Here are five ways to use Guides to market your business.
1. Highlight your expertise. Use Guides to highlight your expertise. Look through existing posts on Instagram and put them together in Guides that answer frequently asked questions. Show how you solve your clients’ problems. Provide advice or step-by-step instructions. You can also include before and after shots, testimonials, reviews, or any other posts that exhibit your knowledge. Make sure to include photos and videos in each Guide to provide eye-catching visuals.
2. Showcase your services. Guides are a great way to show your services in one place. Consider creating a Guide for each different service you provide. Viewers can easily scroll through to see what you offer. They will also have the option of clicking to view your original posts and find out more details about your company.
3. Share longer form content. In the past, Instagram has been used for shorter content, like photos and videos. Sometimes you need more space to share valuable information with your audience. Guides provides versatility for longer content, much like a blog post, with videos and photos all in one place.
4. Increase e-commerce. If you are selling a product and looking to expand your e-commerce features, Guides allows you to create product guides on Instagram Shop. This is a great way to add descriptions or comments about shoppable products. It may also help you connect with influencers or brand ambassadors who want to add your products to their own Guides.
5. Attract customers to your city and your business. You can use Guides to share recommendations based on your location. Do you have a great city that you want to highlight? Create a Guide of your favorite places around town. This is a great way to attract customers to your city and your business, support your local community, and help you connect with other businesses.
These are just a few ways to use Guides to market your business. There are many possibilities to get creative with this new feature. If you plan to use Guides, we would like to hear about it.
If you would like help using Guides or other social media features, the team at The Social Bullpen can create a custom plan to help you meet your marketing goals. Contact us today.