Need A Holiday Marketing Plan for your Small Business? Try These Tips!
The holidays are quickly approaching and the new year will be here before we know it. With so many retailers vying for attention, you don’t want your small business getting lost in the crowd.
Fortunately, there is still time to incorporate a holiday marketing plan. Here are 7 tips to help your company stand out this season:
1. Start with a plan! Before you begin anything, take the time to make a quick plan. Write down what you want to do, when you want to do it, and how you want to do it. Keep your S.M.A.R.T. goals in mind and make sure your holiday plan builds upon the marketing plan you have been using all year. Don’t take too long to do this step, but make sure you focus on the most important goals you would like to accomplish. Once you have this figured out, start implementing your plan right away.
2. Keep your customers in mind. Remember that your customers are the reason your business exists, so don’t forget about them. This is a great time to offer incentives to expand your customer base, but make sure you don’t forget your current customers either. The holiday season is a great time to show your appreciation to them with special offers, coupons, and loyalty bonuses.
3. Focus on social media. Have you been wanting to improve your social media channels? The holiday season is a great time to add some great content and interact more with your existing and potential customers. Add stories or videos that highlight your business, employees, and behind-the-scenes footage. Use social media to broadcast the rest of your holiday marketing plan. Consider incorporating a special holiday theme by changing your cover photo or profile pictures. Have fun and get festive, but be sure to stick to your company’s branding guidelines.
4. Host a contest or giveaway. If you are looking for a great way to engage with customers, consider hosting a contest or giveaway. Get creative and think of ideas that would appeal to your desired client base. Don’t forget to incorporate time-sensitive offers and add-on incentives. Use those newly updated social media channels to promote the contests.
5. Offer gift cards. Make sure to offer gift cards that can be purchased and given as gifts. These cards can be sold individually or even incorporated into other add-ons and incentives.
6. Send a holiday newsletter. Send a newsletter to your customers. Keep it short, but include meaningful content. Give updates, show appreciation to your customers, and wish them a happy holiday season.
7. Give back to your community. It’s always important to be involved in your community, but during the season of giving, don’t forget to give back. There are so many creative ways to make an impact, but here are a few suggestions: donate to a toy, food, or clothing drive (or start one of your own); adopt a family in need; participate in a local event such as a 5K walk or run; or incorporate a charity component into holiday celebrations. Whatever you choose to do, find a cause that aligns with your company’s values and encourage your staff and customers to participate. This will help create a sense of community while also benefiting a worthy cause.
We hope incorporating these tips will make this holiday season your business’s best yet. If you have questions or need help with your marketing needs, contact us at The Social Bullpen. We are here to help!